Open Call Rules:
- The Lynx Open Call aims to promote independent art writes and to give them space in our biannual print magazine to present their writing to a wide, international audience. Our editorial staff will choose articles which will be published in the next issue 2(10)2018 that will be released in October 2018.
- We are looking for articles covering following topic:
- artificial intelligence and creative future in the context of contemporary art;
- how artists and creatives can shape the future according to the quote “Future is not something that happens to us. It is something we can shape”;
- error in art context;
- the human body in art and technology;
- from prostheses through robots, and to the complete replacement of a man (in the context of art, design and contemporary culture).
- Application Files:
- Your submitted text (both in Word and PDF)
- A short biography (NOTE: may not contain more than 400 words)
- Contact details (e-mail, phone number, full name)
- Data processing agreement and receiving newsletter agreement (scan)
- Article’s Requirements:
- We only accept articles in English.
- The article could be in the form of an essay.
- We DON’T accept reviews of or reports from exhibitions.
- Articles should be written clearly and concisely, with general non- specialist audience in mind. An article should be between 4000 and 6000 characters with whitespaces (NOTE: the editorial office reserves the right to edit articles, as well as to give different titles. Substantial changes will be consulted with a contributor.)
- An article should include: title, subtitle, introduction (circa 500 characters with whitespace)
- A limit of 5 references is recommended.
- An article would preferably include relevant visual materials.
- An article cannot be published
- Selected contributors will be asked for images to visualise the text, and thereby bringing the main idea of the article closer to editorial
- We provide a chance for one or more contributors to be selected by our editorial team for publication in the print magazine.
The editorial office reserves the right not to choose an article if none of the submitted entries will meet the editorial requirements and quality.
NOTIFICATION: Contributors will be notified of results no later than three weeks after the deadline. Results will be posted at: www.contemporarylynx.co.uk Notification will be made via email / newsletter and by posting on our page. All art writers who provide a working email address will be notified via email. Type your email address clearly, if a mistake is made you will not be notified via email.
IMPORTANT: Please also check your Spam folder if you did not receive the email in your main Inbox folder.
- All selected writers will receive a copy of the magazine and will be mentioned on our website..
- Application must be submitted up until midnight Central European Time by 10 July 2018.
- Important: we DON’T accept articles celebrating transphobia, misogyny, racism, cissexism, slutshaming, pro-colonization and pro-kyriarchy, anti-sex workers, ableism, fatantagonism, cultural appropriation (non-exhaustive list).
- Submitting your article is free of charge. Contemporary Lynx Magazine does not apply any publication fees, therefore no processing charges apply.
- The article must be the author’s original concept and not a copy of anyone else’s copyrighted material. (If it infringes upon another’s copyright it will be disqualified.) Upon submitting the text to this open call, the author is solely responsible for any infringement on copyrighted materials.
- The author retains copyrights to the submitted images and articles.
- Articles published in Contemporary Lynx Magazine cannot be published elsewhere in the future.
- By entering this open call, the author is granting us an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual license to: use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, make available to the public and exercise all sublicensable copyright and publicity rights in respect of your submission; in full or partly (as well as your name as its author), or its images, screenshots, photos, or any other digital file on our contemporarylynx.co.uk website, our newsletters, social media, all documentation of the magazine, and this open call, and during the marketing process, promotion, and all sales activities that are connected with Contemporary Lynx magazine and this competitions to the general public. Articles will not be used for any other purpose.
All winning entries will be listed on the contemporarylynx.co.uk website along with the name of the author. Each entry becomes part of the public, historical/archival online contest catalogue. It cannot be removed at a later date upon request. We will seek your written permission (agreement) before your submission is incorporated into Contemporary Lynx Magazine.
If you do not wish to grant the above rights do not submit your submission. By submitting your article you declare that: it is your own original work and you have the right to make it available to us for all the purposes identified above;
- the author indemnifies us against all legal fees/damages and all associated costs that we may incur as a result of your breach of the above warranty;
- the submission is not defamatory and does not infringe any law;
- the author is over the age of 18.
- Agreement for Receiving Newsletter:
- Data processing agreement:
You hereby give consent for your personal data included in the application form to be processed by Contemporary Lynx Ltd Company Limited by Guarantee no. 8858901 in England and Wales for the purposes of the “Open Call for Art Writers” and Contemporary Lynx Magazine under the Data Protection Act 1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2002 No 101, item 926 with further amendments).
Your application must be sent to the e-mail address: [email protected] with a note “OPEN CALL FOR ART WRITERS”. If you have any questions contact us.
- Sending the application means taking part in the open call and accepting the above regulations.