A film realised in 1987-1988 in Krakow and Milan during Cricot 2 Theatre’s rehearsals for the performance “I Shall never Return”, the premiere of which took place in 1988 in Teatro Studio in Milan. This film was considered by Kantor to be one of the most accurate portrayals of his artistic output. It emphasises the most essential ideas in his art, which is reflected in quotations from Tadeusz Kantor’s texts, notes and talks. 59′, Wytwórnia Filmów Oświatowych (Educational Films Studio) Łódź, Polish Television, 1984
The DVD includes the following additional materials:
• Chronology of Tadeusz Kantor’s life and art plus bibliography;
• Kantor’s texts from the programme for the performance “I Shall Never Return”;
• Selection of Tadeusz Kantor’s drawings for the performance “I Shall Never Return”;
• Bibliography and tour itinerary of the performance “I Shall Never Return”;
• Selection of Romano Martinis’ photographs of the performance “I Shall Never Return”. Subtitles and additional materials are available in English.