Portfolio Open Call
Portfolio Open Call for Visual Artists
Portfolio Open Call for Visual Artists
⏰Application deadline: midday Central European Time on the 28th February 2018
We’re happy to announce “Young Lynxes Portfolio Open Call for Visual Artists”. We are looking for international, professional artists under 35 years old who want to present their art in our Online Magazine.
🏆Among the sent applications we will choose 12 artists whose portfolios will be published on our online magazine, in the monthly newsletter and via social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest); the winners will also receive one year subscription of Contemporary Lynx Magazine and one archival issue along with the tote bag straight to their doors.
🎁All applicants, no matter if they will win or not, will receive a free gift – one issue of Contemporary Lynx Magazine.
Recently Contemporary Lynx has started a new „Portfolio” section in the online magazine. Its aim is to promote young, talented and bright artists. Thanks to this new platform, curators, collectors and galleries’ owners from around the world can meet emerging artists.
Send us your artistic portfolio and become a Young Lynx!
Entry fee: 25 zł/ 12$/ 10£/ 8 €
📩Contact: [email protected]
Young Lynxes Open Call Regulations:
1. The Aim of the Open Call:
2. The aim of the Young Lynxes Open Call is to promote young visual artists and to give them the opportunity to present their works in our online magazine and our international readers. The Jury (Lynx team) will choose 12 young artists, whose portfolios will be published in the online issue of Contemporary Lynx Magazine.
3. Age and Education Requirement:
The competition is devoted to young international artists, who want to present their works in our Online Magazine. This Young Lynxes Open Call is open to all visual artists under 35 years old, who have graduated from the art academies or are in the last year of their study.
4. Application Files:
– Contact details
– Confirmation of the bank transfer
– Agreements: Data processing agreement & Receiving newsletter agreement
5. Gift for each applicant
All applicants, no matter if they will win or not, will receive one free issue of Contemporary Lynx Magazine straight to their doors.
Artists should submit their original portfolio, which will contain reproductions of works (all techniques and media from the realm of visual arts), short biography, information about education, lists of major exhibitions, scholarships, artistic residencies, and descriptions of works, techniques and comments on projects if needed. It can also contain external links to websites or movies.
NOTE: your portfolio can not be on a website or in the external link!
File Sizes and Formats:
Your portfolio must be sent in the PDF format, not bigger than 10 MB.
7. Contact Details:
Please send us your contact details: name, address, e-mail and telephone number.
8. Entry Fees:
Entry fee is 25 zł/ 12$/ 10£/
payment in PLN: PKO Bank Polski SA, Account No: 55 1020 2892 0000 5402 0564 4184
payment in GBP: Barclays, Account No: 93402053, Sort code: 20-41- 41
payment in EURO and USD: PKO Bank Polski SA, IBAN: PL22 1020 2892 0000 5102 0621 2957, BIC (Swift): BPKOPLPW
Please send us the confirmation of the bank transfer along with your portfolio, otherwise you will be disqualified. NOTE: There will be no return of any entry fees.
9. Data Processing Agreement:
To participate in Young Lynxes Open Call please print, sign and send us a scan of the processing agreement, that you can download here, via email: [email protected]
The text of the agreement: “I hereby give consent for my personal data included in the application form to be processed by Contemporary Lynx Ltd Company Limited by Guarantee no. 8858901 in England and Wales for the purposes of the “Young Lynxes Open Call” under the Data Protection Act 1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2002 No 101, item 926 with further amendments).”
Agreement for Receiving Newsletter
10. To participate in Young Lynxes Open Call please print, sign and send us a scan of the processing agreement, that you can download here, via email: [email protected]
Your application must be sent on the e-mail address: [email protected]
12. Submission Deadlines:
Portfolios must be submitted up until midday Central European Time on the 28th February 2018. No portfolios will be accepted past the posted deadline.
The jurors will be the chief editors of the Contemporary Lynx Magazine: Dobromiła Błaszczyk and Sylwia Krasoń and assistants Michalina Sablik and Anna Dziuba. The jury will have two weeks to consider the applications. The decision of the jury is final and indisputable.
14. The list of winners
The list of the winners will be posted on our website until 15th March 2018.
The jury will choose 12 winning artists. Each winning artist will receive:
– Publication of the portfolio on our website contemporarylynx.co.uk in the “Portfolio” section (each month we will publish one portfolio)
– One year subscription of the Contemporary Lynx Magazine and archival issue on paper along with the tote bag delivered straight to the winner’s door
– The information about published in current month portfolio will be sent via newsletter
– Promotion of the portfolio on Lynx social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest)
16. The Work Must Be Original:
Your art must be your own original concept and not a copy of anyone else’s copyrighted material. (If your image infringes upon another’s copyright it will be disqualified). Upon submitting your work, to this competition, you are solely responsible for any infringement on copyrighted materials.
The artist retains all copyrights to their artwork without exception.
18. Non-exclusive Permissions:
By entering this competition, you are granting us a non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce images of your artwork on our contemporarylynx.co.uk website and in our newsletters, and in the marketing of the art competitions to the general public. Artworks will not be used for any other purpose than that which is stated here. All winning entries will be displayed on the contemporarylynx.co.uk website. Each entry becomes part of the public, historical/archival online contest catalogue. It can be removed at a later date upon request.
19. Sending the application means taking part in the competition and accepting the above regulations.