- This event has passed.
Cologne: Polish Musical Avant-Garde of the 20th Century 2#
December 17, 2019 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Polish Musical Avant-Garde of the 20th Century 2#
Polish Musical Avant-Garde of the 20th Century #2 is a project initiated by the In Situ Contemporary Art Foundation and Sanatorium of Sound Festival/Sokołowsko. It aims to present the music of Polish contemporary composers within the international stage. The Polish Music Avant-Garde of the 20th Century 2# shows another group of Polish contemporary composers belonging to the avant-garde of the ’70s, who create as well as perform electroacoustic music, composers such as: Włodzimierz Kotoński, Elżbieta Sikora, Krzysztof Knittel and Marek Chołoniewski. Thus we aim at continuing our cooperation with the most important centers of new music in the world. The concerts will be accompanied by a multimedia exhibition referring the series “Rhythmic Lines”, 1923-1951, by Wacław Szpakowski.
The project is presented in France, Germany and the Czech Republic to continue the string of activities concerning international cooperation, which the Sanatorium of Sound platform has initiated and followed. The Polish artists will be joined by artists associated with international centers to help strengthen and develop the dialogue in the field of contemporary sound culture.
Financed from the funds of the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, within the scope of the Multiannual Program INDEPENDENT 2018-2021, as part of the “Cultural Bridges” subsidy program of the Adam Mickiewicz Institute.
COLOGNE – 17 December 2019 – 20.00
Cologne at Alte Feuerwache Halle (Melchiorstr 3, 50670 Cologne)
- Włodzimierz Kotoński “Aela – the play of aleatoric structures on one harmonic sound, electronic music” (1970)
Gerard Lebik – computer, objects
- Elżbieta Sikora „On the line” (1992)
Barbara Kinga Majewska – sopran, electronics
- Marek Chołoniewski „Waves for brain waves, electromagnetic fields, electronics and video” (2014) – computer, objects
- Krzysztof Knittel “Norcet 2”
- Duo Scheinleistung/VA (Britta Fehrmann & hans w. koch) “S2 = P2 + Q2 oder S = U · I” (2019)
- Multimedia exhibition interpreting the cycle “Rhythmic Lines” 1923-1951 “by Wacław Szpakowski; execution: Gerard Lebik
Artists: Barbara Kinga Majewska, Marek Chołoniewski, Gerard Lebik, hans w. koch, Britta Fehrmann