The STRABAG Artaward is an award for the support of art for artists of up to 40 years in the fields of painting and drawing, which terms are freely reinterpreted for the contemporary art landscape. It has been awarded in Austria since 1994 and internationally since 2009.
Condition of Participation:
- Eligible to take part are artists from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia and Austria.
- Participants must be citizens of one of these five countries or must have been permanently based in one of these countries for at least two years.
- Participants of the STRABAG Artaward International must be born in or after the year 1982.
- All participants must have a degree in higher artistic studies (art academies, art colleges or universities).
- All participants accept the findings of the jury. Any recourse to legal action is excluded.
- Every participant is the copyright holder. The submitted works of art will remain the property of the participant.
- The participants agree that in connection with STRABAG Artaward International his/her submitted works of art may be presented, photographed, printed and published online – unlimited and free-of-charge.
- Submitted works of art must not have been awarded any further public art prize and must be owned by the participant.
- The participants are responsible for the accuracy of their information. Due to wrong statements, STRABAG Kunstforum may refrain from awarding the prize.
All participants must apply online at www.strabag-kunstforum.at from 17 January till 3 February 2022. The application form must be filled in correctly in German or English (guidance on the website). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Eligible in the fields of painting and drawing are three works of art (one or multiple parts), which are essential for the jury’s decision.
- Short biography / list of exhibitions / portrait photo / photos (RGB, jpg) of three works of art intended to enter the competition, dated between 2020 and 2022, with title, year, technique, dimensions, insurance value and photo credits stated / short statement about the submitted artworks
- The maximum dimensions per artwork are 200 x 240 cm and the maximum weight per artwork is 15 kg.
- There are no thematic specifications.
- Optional data: Up to three photos (RGB, jpg) of exhibition views or details of the submitted artworks.
- The online application process takes a while. The responsibility for completing the online application before the deadline is entirely the artists’.