Contemporary Lynx Ltd is a publisher and an arts organisation founded by art historians Dobromiła Błaszczyk and Sylwia Krasoń in 2013. Registered in the UK, now its headquarters are in London, Warsaw, and Paris. The prime mission was to encourage an appreciation and understanding of Polish contemporary art by a wide audience. Since then, the organisation has grown and evolved. Today, our mission is to support the creative community from CEE countries with the core activity of publishing two art magazines:
- Online Weekly – an online magazine with a focus on Polish and Central European art;
- Contemporary Lynx Magazine in Print with curated content on the latest trends in the international visual arts, design, photography, and collecting.
The publishing activity is complemented by a rich and ongoing educational and artistic programme (art prize, panel discussions, art events, and the Lynx Academy) organised in collaboration with partners from various locations in Europe. Contemporary Lynx Limited is registered as a Company Limited by Guarantee no. 8858901 in England and Wales.
Why do we call ourselves Contemporary Lynx?
Lynx is a medium-sized wildcat considered an elusive and mysterious creature with exceptional eyesight. Lynx means:
- to be constantly on the lookout for new and emerging artists;
- to have a sharp eye for talent;
- to hunt for news on the art scene with precision and a keen eye for detail;
- to shed light on the best CEE contemporary art;
- to be the first to share information on this exciting and vibrant art scene.