Allegro Prize Competition
is open to:
- Students and graduates of art schools and colleges.
- Artists who haven’t graduated from art schools or colleges but have documented artistic pathway.
- Artists of all forms of visual art.
- To artists from any country.
- No age restrictions.
Exhibitions curator, art historian and critic.
Jakub Julian Ziółkowski
Painter, sculptor and draughtsman collaborating with the Warsaw-based Foksal Gallery Foundation and Hauser & Wirth.
Pop singer, art enthusiast and collector.
Art collector and founder of the Jerke Museum, a Polish art museum in Recklinghausen, Germany.
Art historian, film director, curator of the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw.
Segment Director — Books and Media, Collectibles and Art.
No entry fee:
To help artists in the difficult situation caused by the coronavirus pandemic, the organisers decided to waive all fees to enter the competition. Participation in the contest is free for everyone.
Download all necessary documents to participate in the competition
Brodka juggles different styles of music, daring sound and aesthetics with amazing grace. Her alternative sources of inspiration go far beyond the world of sound to encompass varied areas of…
In the following conversation Jakub Julian Ziółkowski shares thoughts on his own artistic practice, the relationship with the art world, and what being a judge of the Allegro Prize Competition means to him…
What drives collectors to spend large sums of money on contemporary art? Do they treat art as yet another form of investment or is it a lifelong passion? There is a number of reasons why…
- Give artists the chance to present their works to an extremely wide range of Polish and international recipients and support them financially.
- Through this financial support give artists the opportunity to fully devote themselves to
- Search for new talent.
- Promote the visual arts.
- Create a platform where art lovers, curators, collectors and gallery owners from all over the
world can meet artists selected by the prestigious jury panel.