OPEN CALL FOR VISUAL ARTISTS
LYNX OPEN CALL FOR ART WRITERS
The Lynx Open Call aims to promote independent art writes and to give them space in our biannual print magazine to present their writing to a wide, international audience. Our editorial staff will choose three articles which will be published in the next issue 2(12)2019 that will be released in October 2019.
We welcome complete articles for consideration on the following topics:
- Why it’s hard to begin a green journey and how designers can help us to start?
- Portrait of a planet on the verge of climate catastrophe. Artistic visions of the postapocalyptic world.
- Unfreezing habits. Can the arts change our patterns of consumption? (meat consumption and veganism)
DEADLINE: 23 July 2019 (12:00 Midnight – Central European Time)
Contact: [email protected]
Please read carefully Open Call Rules below!
We are waiting for your articles.
PAST OPEN CALL
YOUNG LYNXES & CARTE BLANCHE PRIZE
We would like to say a big thank you to everyone for participating in our Art Competition – Young Lynxes & Carte Blanche Prize! It has been a great pleasure receiving your portfolios. The quality of the works were incredible. We would like to congratulate all of you.
2 artists who receive the Carte Blanche Prize (3000 PLN each and exhibition in Willa Biała, Warsaw) are: Michalina Bigaj (11 July 2019), Szymon Szewczyk (14 November 2019)
6 shortlisted artists, whose portfolios will be published on our online magazine: Paweł Błęcki, Monika Czyżyk, Povilas Romanauskas, Szymon Szewczyk, Agata Wieczorek, Alicja Wróblewska
LYNX OPEN CALL FOR ART WRITERS
Dear Art Writers! We would like to say a big thanks to everyone for participating! It has been a great pleasure receiving your articles! We have chosen three articles to be published in the latest issue Contemporary Lynx Magazine 1(11)2019.
1. Oliver Gudgeon – ‘The architecture of listening. Sound installation beyond heterotopia’
2. Aleksandra Mainka-Pawłowska – ‘The future is haptic. Where art meets technology – mid-air haptics as a further step to deepen the viewer’s experience.’
3. Kamil Pierwszy – ‘DAWNING – The Aythological Fairy Tail’
We would like to say a big thanks to everyone for participating! It has been a great pleasure receiving your articles! We have chosen two articles to be published in the Contemporary Lynx Magazine 2(10)2018:
- Natalia Dorocka – “Replacement of a man in dance and performance practice. We should not be afraid of robots, but avatars may be the future of dance and performance. At least to some extent.”;
- Sonia Milewska – “Senster – lost and found. Restoration of pioneering new media artwork”.
We would like to say a big thanks to everyone for participating! It has been a great pleasure receiving your portfolios. They were all amazing! And now we would like to congratulate to 12 shortlisted artists whose portfolios will be published on our online magazine, in the monthly newsletter and via social media.
The Winners are: Bartosz Czarnecki, Norbert Delman, Ewa Doroszenko, Wiktor Dyndo, Marta Krześlak, Mikołaj Małek, Gabriel Orłowski, Anna Perach, Anna Raczyńska, Michał Sroka, Karolina Wojciechowska, Bartosz Zaskórski.